Social Media/Online Programming Internship (Academic Year: Fall ’15 – Spring ’16)
Deep Time Journey Network
The Deep Time Journey Network is a 501(c)(3) non-profit founded to foster community and cross fertilization among individuals and groups exploring an Evolving Universe, and its implications, as a foundational context, by administering a website to share:
1. proﬁles of individuals and organizations telling a science-based grand narrative,
2. resources such as videos, articles, quotes, syllabi, and other media,
3. information about upcoming events and the formation of groups,
4. on-going discussions, and
We deeply value:
1. the science-based grand narrative of cosmic evolution as a stunning shared origin story.
2. promoting discussion about the implications of this origin story for all ﬁelds of human endeavor, most importantly the human-earth-cosmos relationship.
3. the wisdom of ancient origin stories and how many of their insights overlap with the insights of modern science.
4. different perspectives from the sciences and the humanities and how they can enrich our understanding of this origin story and its implications.
Internship Responsibilities (5 to 10 hours per week, flexible, work from home)
Help new members with profiles
Make posts to the DTJN Facebook page
Help manage online webinars
Help With Trouble Shooting
Keep Events Calendar up to date.
Increase presence on Facebook.
Help develop email list.
Write descriptions of organizations
Students applying for this internship can be science or humanities majors. Interest in the mission and core values of the organization is essential along with an open mind toward the many perspectives represented on the Network. An intern must also be tech savvy and adept with social media. Ideally an intern would have prior knowledge of WordPress and Buddypress. If not, will train. Experience with hosting GoToMeeting webinars would be a super plus.
Attend webinars for free; meet educators, scientists, artists and many others doing Deep Time work; and receive training and personal coaching with Jennifer Morgan, President, DTJN. An intern will receive a deep and broad understanding of the different ways and fields in which an evolving universe is now understood as a foundational context.
For further information, and to submit your resume, write to the Deep Time Journey Network at [email protected] Be sure to put “Internship” in the subject line.