For at least 50,000 years, humanity has been on a journey of separation—pulling back from nature and becoming ever more differentiated, individuated, and empowered. In recent decades, we have become so dominant as a species that we are producing Earth-changing trends—global warming, species extinction, unsustainable population, massive famines, waves of migration, and more—that threaten humanity’s future. Now, with stunning abruptness, humanity is being challenged to turn from the familiar path of progressive separation to an unfamiliar path of global caring and cooperation. The transition from self-serving separation to world-serving cooperation confronts us with an evolutionary crisis: Who are we? What kind of Universe do we live in? Where are we going?
- Creators: Duane Elgin
- Used by people who call the work: Evolutionaries, New Cosmology
- Applies a deep time evolutionary perspective to: Religion/Spirituality
- Learning Stages: Lifelong
- Types: Video
- Link to Resource: https://tinyurl.com/yajhw88p
- Copyright Determination: The person/organization that added this resource determined that it is a quote, a link to another website, or has "No Known Copyright Holders." Quotes and and links to other website do not require permission. If you are a creator of this resource and feel that your resource was improperly added, please directly notify the person/organization that added it. If your request is not answered to your satisfaction, please notify the Deep Time Journey Network editors.
- Person/organization that added resource: Jennifer Morgan
- Date Added: March 6, 2018